DiCaprio to star in Charles Manson-era Tarantino movie Reuters Staff BY SAEED NASIR

 

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Leonardo DiCaprio will star in a movie establish around the Charles Manson murders, Hollywood entertainment magazines reported on Fri, but he will not play the role of the North american cult leader.

FILE PHOTO: U.S. actor Leonardo DiCaprio appears on prior to speaking on level through the Paris premiere of the documentary film “Prior to the Overflow” at the Theatre du Chatelet in Paris, France on October 17, 2016.
DiCaprio will instead take the part of the aging, out-of-work actor in the as-yet untitled movie being produced and aimed by Oscar-winner Quentin Tarantino, Variety and Deadline.com said.

Plot details never have been released but Tarantino said in November that this was not a biographical movie but a tale set during the summer months of 1969, when a string of gruesome killings in Southern California were completed by Manson’s followers.

 

Manson, one of the 20th century’s most notorious thieves, passed away in November at age 83. He had been providing a life word for purchasing the murders of nine people including actress Sharon Tate.

The Sony Pictures movie is to be released on Aug. 9, 2019, exactly 50 years after Tate and four friends were stabbed or shot dead.

Deadline and Variety said that Australian actress Margot Robbie has been asked to experiment with Sharon Tate. Tom Sail, Brad Pitt and Al Pacino are also rumored to be interested, or are being sought, for the movie.

Sony Pictures, part of Sony Corp, didn’t return a obtain touch upon the casting.

The movie will be the first Tarantino film to be released without the Weinstein Company following allegations by more than 70 women of intimate misconduct against its past leader Harvey Weinstein.

Weinstein, who may have rejected having non-consensual intimacy with anyone, was fired last November and his indie production company happens to be up for sale.